Last Updated: April 11, 2023
Definition of Personal Information
We collect and disclose information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include information publicly available from government records. Personal information does not include information that is not personal, like anonymous, deidentified, or aggregated data, even if it comes from personal information.
We may also post links here to the privacy policies of certain third parties, whose services or websites may be accessed through our Services or Websites.
- None at this time.
Individual users of the Services are granted access to the Services by a “Customer” of Synco. The Customer is probably the user’s employer or someone the user works for as a contractor. When you or another user of the Services submits content or information – such as data, text, audio, video, or images – in connection with the use of the Services (other than feedback on the Services submitted to us), it becomes the property of the Customer (“Customer Content”). The Customer controls the access, use, processing, and disclosure of personal information contained in the Customer Content in accordance with the terms of the agreement between the Customer and Synco in the Synco Customer Terms of Service (“Customer Terms”). We are not responsible or liable for the Customer Content, including the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of the Customer Content. Between the Customer and us, it is the Customer’s sole responsibility to:
- Provide the required notices to you or any other individual, or receive the property authority or consent from you or any other individual, for the Customer or us to collect, use, process, disclose, or transfer the Customer Content (including personal information)
- Ensure that the collection, use, processing, disclosure, or transfer of the Customer Content (including personal information) as provided by the Customer Terms is lawful
- Respond to any requests or inquiries regarding the Customer Content (including personal information)
- Resolve any disputes with you or any other individual regarding the Services or the Customer Content (including personal information)
Please contact the Customer you have a relationship with if you have any questions about the Customer’s privacy practices for the Customer Content.
Personal Information of Others You Share with Us
Personal Information We Collect and Disclose
We collect and disclose personal information for our business purposes. The types of personal information we collect varies, depending on the context of your and the Customer’s interactions with Synco, the choices you make, and the services and features used by you or the Customer. The following are the types of personal information we collect and disclose:
- Customer Content. Customers or individual users of the Services submit Customer Content to Synco when using the Services. This Customer Content sometimes contains personal information. The Customer controls the access, use, processing, and disclosure of personal information contained in the Customer Content (see the above section on “Customer Content”).
- Personal Information Collected by Synco. Synco also collects and discloses personal information (other than Customer Content) including the following:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address (residential, business, or billing), email address, and phone number
- Payment information, including bank account and credit card information
- Account information, including username and password
- Internet identifiers and internet activity, such as domain name, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, cookie data (see below), and other interactions with our Websites
- Services metadata, such as data that provides context about how individual users use the Services, including people, features, content, and links users interact with
- Device information, such as type of device, operating system, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed in this section; for example, to create a profile of an individual’s preferences and characteristics
- Preference information, including preferences related to marketing, privacy, communications, and participation in our programs
- Other information you choose to provide, like when you submit a customer service query, enter a promotion, provide feedback, or otherwise communicate with us
Our Services and Websites are not intended for or directed to children. You cannot create an account with us, access the Services, or use our Websites if you are under the age of 18. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information regarding children, please notify us at email@example.com so that we may delete the information.
- Information about devices you use to access the Services and how you use the Services, such as your IP address and which websites you visited before accessing our Services.
- Certain information such as pages viewed, the date, time and length of time spent on the Websites or Services, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform, and other operations performed on the Websites or Services.
- If you access the Websites or Services through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the device ID and location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Sources of Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- Directly from you, such as when you access or use our Services or Websites or when you communicate or interact with us in any way, including mail, email, phone, chat, QR code, or social media
- Indirectly from you, for example, we may collect cookie data and other information from your activity on our Websites or Services
- From third-party service providers, for example, if you provide information to our third-party service providers, they may share such information with us
- From others, for example, our Customers and users may provide information about you as their tenant, employee, principal, member, or partner
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use or disclose any of the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Provide, update, maintain, and protect our Services and our Websites, including to deliver the Services, update or customize the Services, prevent or address service errors, security, or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends, or other activities, or respond to Customer or user requests or inquiries
- In accordance with the Customer’s instructions with respect to the Customer Content
- Advertise and improve our business, including to market and advertise our services and products to you, develop new services or products, improve and add features to our Services and Websites, and conduct surveys, research, and analysis
- Deidentify personal information, including aggregating, anonymizing, or deidentifying personal information so that it is no longer personal information
- Support our everyday operations, including legal requirements, including to enable the use of third-party service providers, perform monitoring and reporting, support information security and anti-fraud operations, investigate and respond to disputes, exercise and defend legal claims, respond to legal, governmental, or law enforcement requests, subpoenas, or orders, and comply with and enforce laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and contractual obligations
- Evaluate or conduct business changes, including a merger or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may share any of the personal information we collect by disclosing it to the following categories of third parties for our business purposes described above:
The Customer who has a relationship with you
Third-Party websites or applications that you may be able to access through our Websites or Services; in some cases, you will automatically share your personal information with these service providers via their sites; the third-party service provider’s privacy policies will apply
Other of our third-party service providers who provide services such as information technology and infrastructure, marketing, and legal, audit, or other advisory services
Government authorities, law enforcement, or other persons in order to comply with legal obligations or requests or our compliance obligations or policies, to protect or defend our rights or property, or as reasonably necessary to protect against fraud or protect the rights of others
Potential purchasers of Synco or our affiliates or subsidiaries
Our affiliates and subsidiaries for all of our business purposes described above, including marketing to you
Sale of Personal Information or Sharing for Third-Party Advertising
We do not share personal information with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
We do not share personal information with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You have the following privacy rights and choices about your personal information and how we communicate with you, subject to exemptions and restrictions provided by applicable law:
- Request information regarding our sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes. You may request that we disclose to you the types of personal information we shared with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and the identities of such third parties. You may make this request once per calendar year.
- Opt out of sharing information for third-party marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may nonetheless opt out of our sharing your personal information with third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We may continue to share your personal information to process your transactions and service your account.
- Opt out of marketing communications from us. You may request that we no longer send marketing communications to you. In your request, please indicate if you wish to opt out of all marketing communications or identify which specific types of marketing communications you no longer wish to receive (email, postal mail, telephone calls, or text messages). You will continue to receive transaction and service-related communications.
- Update your personal information. You may update or correct your personal information related to your access to a Customer’s account.
To exercise any of the above privacy rights and choices about your personal information or communication preferences, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request.
When you make a request, we may ask for information to verify your identity. In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we may not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity. Additionally, we may not honor your request where not required or an exception applies under applicable laws. We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request.
Conversation Monitoring and Recording.
If you communicate with us by chat, telephone, or other electronic voice or video communication (such as Zoom), we may monitor or record the conversation.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. Synco’s Websites and Services are not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
International Transfer, Storage, and Processing
Security of Your Personal Information
We will maintain reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational safeguards for the protection of the security and confidentiality of personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or transfer. Despite our efforts to ensure security, we cannot guarantee or warrant that your personal information will not be accessed, acquired, disclosed for an improper purpose, altered, or destroyed by an unauthorized person or as a result of a breach of our security safeguards. We cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure of your personal information. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal information as well, including, without limitation, never sharing your account username or password.
We may correct, replenish, or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and in our sole discretion.
Personal information that is no longer needed for its intended purpose will be deleted in compliance with Synco’s then-current data retention policy.